- 2 Chicken Breasts
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Medium Carrots
- 1inch Chorizo
- 1 vegetable stock pot (or stock cube)
- 200ml Boiling Water
- 1tin Chopped Tomatoes (400g)
- 1tin Butter Beans (235g)
- 6 Leaves Savoy Cabbage
- ½ Bunch Parsley
- Parmesan to serve (Optional)
- Rye Bread to serve (Optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 180˚c.
- Place the chicken breasts on a foil lined tray and rub in the cumin and paprika. Cook the chicken breasts in the oven for 15-20mins or until cooked through.
- Heat a little rapeseed oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Dice the onion and carrot and add them to the sauce pan. Sweat them down until soft, then dice the chorizo and also add to the pan.
- Once the chorizo is crunchy add the stock pot/cube, boiling water and chopped tomatoes. Simmer until it reduces a bit.
- Rinse and drain the butter beans and add to the sauce pan. Shred the cabbage and stir into the soup, cook until blanched.
- Finely dice the parsley and stir into the soup.
- Serve the soup into 3 bowls. Shred the cooked chicken using two forks and then scatter over the soup.
- You can garnish with parmesan and more parsley, and serve with rye bread if you wish.