- 200g Sweet Potato
- 1tsp Rapeseed Oil
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 5 Springs of Parsley (4 for pork/1 for egg)
- 1 Pork Loin Steak
- Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 4 Asparagus Spears
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚c.
- Chop the sweet potato into chip shaped slices and place on a foil lined baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and cayenne pepper. Rub the chips to make sure all sides are covered and then bake in the oven for 15-20mins.
- Finely chop the parsley, set 1/5 aside for the egg. Press the majority of the parsley onto the pork to create a ‘coat’, also season with a little pepper if you wish.
- Pan fry the pork for about 5mins each side or until cooked through and then leave to one side to rest. Chuck in the asparagus half away though (don’t forget to trim off the ends first).
- Separate the egg; put the white in a bowl and set the yolk aside in a small cup or mug.
- Wisk the egg until stiff white peaks form (I suggest you use and electric whisk). Once the peaks have formed fold in the remaining parsley, be careful not to knock out the air!
- Move your chips to one end of the baking tray. Add a piece of baking parchment to the gap and grease it. Spoon the egg white onto this and create a well in the middle. Bake in the oven for 3-4 mins.
- Take the tray out of the oven and plop the yolk into the well. Bake in the oven for 2 more mins.
- Serve pork with asparagus on top and then place the egg cloud and spicy chips on the side.