For the Muffin:
- 90ml Warm Water
- 1/2tsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/2tsp Dried Yeast
- 150g Whole Wheat Flour (Rude Health) – Plus extra for dusting the surface
- 35g Coconut Sugar
- 40g Peanut Butter (WholeEarth Hi-Oleic Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 40g Organic Butter
- 1 Egg
For the Glaze:
- 20g Peanut Butter (WholeEarth Hi-Oleic Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 10g Organic Butter
- 5g Honey
For the Filling:
- In a small bowl mix together the warm water, yeast and sugar. Set to one side to become ‘foamy’.
- In a small bowl microwave the butter and peanut butter for 30seconds, so a soft and smooth paste forms.
- In a large bowl combine the flour and sugar. Pour in the foamy yeast mix, melted peanut butter, melted butter, and egg. Mix together with a wooden spoon until a very sticky batter forms.
- Grease another large mixing bowl with a little butter, then spoon in the batter. This is not a necessity but it helps to stop the dough sticking to the bowl when it proves.
- Cover the dough in the bowl and leave in a warm place to prove, Wait until it is double the size (1-2hours).
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Scatter a sprinkling of flour over your kitchen surface and tip out the dough (use a silicon spatular to free it from the sides of the bowl). Try not to pat it too much as you don’t want to knock the air out. It should naturally spread out to 2-3cm thick.
- Dust your circular cutter with flour and punch out 8 doughnuts, then use the cut offs to make the final 2 doughuts.
- Place each doughnut on the baking parchment and allow to rest for 15-20mins. They may rise a little more, this will help to keep them nice and fluffy.
- Pre heat oven to 180°c.
- In a small bowl microwave the peanut butter, butter and honey into a glaze. Brush/drizzle this over the doughnuts and place in the oven for 7-10mins. Once cooked allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip up the peanut butter and almond milk to form a paste.
- Spoon paste into a baking syringe. Insert the nozzle into the side of each doughnut and squeeze in around 5ml of mix.
- Serve, share or eat them all yourself!