Looking for somewhere to stay in Morocco? Well look no further…
1) The Luxury – From the impeccable interiors, to manicured gardens, and tranquillity, you will get a true sense of what it feels like to be royal. We certainly felt like princesses anyway!
2) The Views – How about being able to look up at the Atlas mountains from your bed, shower, breakfast table, pool or roof terrace? Now that’s a view!
3) Ismail – What a lifesaver! Whatever you need he is there to help. From driving you to the suks, helping you hunt down amloo or trips to the airport. Better yet he makes a killer Mojito!
4) The Showers – Well you don’t just get one in your private suite…you get two! One indoors and one outside located in private little garden. Oh, and did we mention that they are both rain showers? (Once you’ve run a half marathon in the Moroccan heat you’ll soon understand why we appreciated the beauty of these showers oh so much!)
5) The private roof terrace – Each villa has its private roof terrace so you can enjoy an early brew and watch the sun come up, or have a night cap whilst it sets. Bliss!
6) The accessibility – Just 30km south of Marrakech, you can get there in half an hour from the airport.
7) The location – As we said, not far from the bustling city, but also the wilderness is right on your door step. We took full advantage of this and set off on our own TTH half marathon!
8) The food – Oh where to start?! The breakfast spread is truly amazing…freshly baked bread, a selection of local jams, homemade pancakes, granola, fresh orange juice, eggs, oh and a coffee machine! No to mention the local Moroccan food served at lunch and dinner. Think scrummy tagines, fluffy couscous and plenty of fresh veggies.
9) The Security – The whole of the Azaren grounds are walled and the front gate is manned 24/7. Safe and sound!
10) The spa and pool – Even though the pool was a little chilly is was a god send when it came to nursing our post run limbs. In the main house there is a spa area where you can book in a full body 1hour massage for just £27! Talk about heaven right?
We can’t wait to return! Who’s keen for a TTH retreat at Azaren topped off with re-running our Moroccan half marathon?