Another commonly asked question answered with our tip-top cycling shorts recommendations. From plush padding, to cool colours, we’ve covered them all. Quite a few of our pairs are a little old, so we’ve popped in some similar alternatives for those of you looks to buy!
Rapha RCC bib shorts £180 (similar)
- Soft fabric that offers support, comfort and abrasion resistance.
- Eliminated unnecessary seams, streamlined the shape and removed excess fabric to avoid fabric bunching at the hip.
- Lightweight gripper that gives a supportive but not overly tight fit at the thigh.
Kalf Club cycling shorts £45 (similar)
- Warp knit that enables a tightly woven 4-way stretch Lycra that provides compression and durability at a minimal weight.
- Variable density foam to balance in-saddle stability and freedom of movement.
- Broad waistband that keeps the shorts in place and comfortable.
- Sadly these guys are no longer in production but they were too awesome for us not to include them!
- Made by women for women.
- Super highrise, making you feel secure and comfortable.
- Small zip pocket on the lower back.
Madison Tour shorts £29.99 (similar)
- Flat-lock stitching on the seams eliminates irritation.
- Madison’s 2D-club chamois offers great comfort and Coolmax anti-bacterial fabric.
- Stretch silicone leg gripper for a secure fit.
The three main things we think you should look for in cycling shorts are:
- Female-specific chamois
- Grippy thighs
Any brands that you love but we haven’t included? Let us know!