Serves 4 (as a side)
- 1kg potatoes (ideally the smallest potatoes you can find)
- Lots of sea salt
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan. Season the water VERY generously with sea salt (in the original recipe from Tenerife you would boil the potatoes in seawater).
- Place a lid on the pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook for around 20mins or until when stabbed with a knife a potato falls back into the water and doesn’t stay on the knife.
- Strain off half the water, remove the lid and return to the heat for 2-3mins while the pan boils dry. Once this has happened, turn off the heat and leave the potatoes to sit for a few minutes to completely dry so a salt crust can form around the edge.
- These can be served in a salad, with fish, with steak or tucked in a zip lock bag for ultra running. The possibilities are endless!