Makes about 20
- 125g Cashews (plus more for decorating)
- 6 Dates
- 1 Egg
- 100g Whole Wheat Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2tsp Coconut oil
- Cacao nibs (for decorating)
- Pre heat the oven to 180˚c.
- Pour hot water over the cashew nuts and leave to soak for 10-15mins. Strain off the water and blend the nuts until a powder forms.
- Finely chop the dates and add them to the cashews and blend again until a chunky dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl and stir in an egg until smooth.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Then slowly mix in all the dry ingredients in to the large bowl with the sticky cashew dough. Keep stirring until it forms together in a ball.
- Dust the kitchen counter in flour and knead the dough until no longer sticky.
- Add a little more flour to the work surface and roll out the dough until around ½ cm thick.
- Cut out your little ginger bread men and place them on an oiled sheet of parchment paper.
- Squash together the remaining cut-offs and roll out the dough again and cut out more gingerbread men! Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Decorate them as you wish. I used cacao nibs (for eyes) and cashew nuts (for smiles).
- Bake in the oven for 10-15mins.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and then munch away!