- 60g Dark Chocolate
- 50g Peanut Butter
- 80g Butter (melted)
- 60g Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 80g Flour
- 50g Cocoa
- Pinch salt
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- Splash of milk (if needed)
- Melt half of the dark chocolate either using a bain marie or the microwave. Spoon the melted chocolate into 9 holes of a silicone ice tray. Place in the freezer to firm up a little (approx 10mins). Then top the chocolate with the peanut butter and melt the remaining half of the chocolate and top the peanut butter so it is like a sandwich. Return to the freezer ,for at least an hour, to set.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 °c. Line and grease a square tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the melted butter and sugar until well combined. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla bean paste.
- In another bowl sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking power. Add a pinch of salt and then slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet.
- The mixture should be quite wet, add a splash of milk if it is too dry.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin. Remove your peanut butter cups from the freezer and pop them out of their casing. Press each cup down into the brownie mix so that when it is cut into 9 there will be a cup in the centre of each slice.
- Bake in the oven for 15-25mins or until you see the first cracks appear on the top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin. Once cool, slice into 9 and enjoy!