- 600g Pumpkin (about 1/4 pumpkin)
- 1tsp Rapeseed Oil
- 20g Flaked Almonds
- 28g Slice of Wholemeal Bread
- 10g Fresh Parsley
- 1 Orange (Zest)
- 1/2 Pomegranate
- Pre heat your oven to 200°c
- Slice out a quarter of your pumpkin and remove the seeds, but keep the skin on. This section should weigh about 600g grams.
- Slice your pumpkin into 8 wedges which are 1-2cm thick.
- Lay wedges on a foil linked baking tray, drizzle with oil and place in the oven.
- Meanwhile in a pan on a medium heat toast the almond flakes. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn easily!
- Slice the bread into cubes and add to the almonds for the last few minutes of toasting.
- Place the toasted almond flakes and bread cubes into a blender with your finely chopped parsley and orange zest. Pulse a couple of times until a breadcrumb like texture forms.
- Remove pumpkin wedges from the oven and top each one with the almond, parsley and orange crunch.
- Return pumpkin wedges to the oven for another 15-20mins or until the crunch is golden and the pumpkin is soft through.
- Serve with pomegranate seeds as ‘drops of blood’ to up the Halloween factor!