- 2 Heath and Heather Oriental Chai and Liquorice Tea Bags
- 200ml of Boiling Water
- 100g Rasins
- 1 Orange (zest)
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 280g Carrot (approx 3)
- 75g Pecans
- 300g Wholemeal Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Nutmeg
- 2 Large Eggs
- 75g Honey
- 50g Rapeseed Oil
- 150g Quark
- Add the tea bags, raisins, orange zest and lemon zest to the boiling water and leave to soak for around 1hour, then remove the tea bags.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and finely grate them.
- Chop the pecans and add to the grated carrots along with the flour, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix to combine and leave to one side.
- In a small bowl whisk up the eggs, 50g honey and rapeseed oil. Add this and the tea mixture to the carrot mix. Until well combined.
- Line a square cake tin with baking parchment and grease.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 40-60mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Whip up the remaining 25g honey and quark to form an icing. Spread over cake once it has cooled.
- Slice into 12 and serve.