- 1/2tsp Rapeseed oil
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tin Red Kidney Beans
- 2tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1tbsp White Vinegar (Not consumed – used in egg poaching)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Slices Wholemeal Bread
- Put the oil in a saucepan on a medium heat
- Dice the red onion and add add it to the pan once the oil is hot. Stir occasionally until caramelised.
- Crush in the garlic and add the curry powder and cook for 1-2 mins until fragrant.
- Add the beans, tomato puree and peanut butter to the pan and simmer for 10mins.
- Pop the bread on to toast.
- In another small sauce pan bring water to the boil and add the white vinegar. Stir the boiling water in a circular motion and then crack the eggs (one at a time) into the middle. Cook for 2-4mins depending on how you like your eggs. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
- Place the toast on plates, spoon the bean mix on top and then the poached egg, sprinkle over some optional chopped parsley and dig-in!