- 2tsp Chia Seeds
- 6 Strawberries (5 for jam 1 for decoration)
- 50g Wholewheat Flour (I used Rude Health Sprouted Wholewheat Flour)
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg White
- 1tbsp Peanut Butter (I used Pip and Nut)
- 1tsp honey
- 100ml Milk (I used Rude Health Almond Drink)
- Top 5 strawberries and then squeeze them through a garlic crusher into a small bowl. Keep all the juice and flesh in the bowl do not discard the flesh that gets stuck in the crusher.
- Add 2tsp of chia seeds and mix. Place bowl in the fridge for a minimum of 2hours. This gives time from the chia seeds to absorb the strawberry juice and become gelatinous.
- Pre heat waffle iron
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon and baking powder) together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg white until pale a froffy (NOT as much to make a meringue!). Then stir in the peanut butter and honey until a thick paste forms.
- Slowly add the milk to the peanut butter mix until even liquid is formed.
- Slowly add this liquid to the dry ingredients, be careful to not over stir.
- Spray with waffle iron with a little heat.
- Pour mix into two waffle spaces and cook until golden.
- Serve waffles on a plate and drizzle over the chia jam, slice up a strawberry for decoration…enjoy!