- 1 Fennel bulb (sliced)
- 200g Chopped Tomatoes (1/2 tin)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- ½ Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 Salmon Fillets (approx 120g each) (I used MuscleFood)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper
- 60g Bulger Wheat (dry weight)
- 100g Spinach
- Pre heat oven to 200˚C.
- Top, tail, and remove the outer layer of the fennel bulb. Keep the fluffy leaves and the inside heart of the fennel but discard the rest. Set the leaves to one side. Slice the fennel heart and scatter in an oven proof dish.
- Pour the chopped tomatoes over the sliced fennel. Then top with the garlic lemon zest and lemon juice. Tuck in the squeezed lemon rind for extra flavour.
- Roast in the oven for 20-30mins or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and tuck in the salmon fillets and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10-20mins depending on how you like your salmon cooked.
- While the salmon is cooking prepare the bulger wheat by following the packet instructions. Once the water has gone add the fennel leaves (finely chopped) and the spinach, cook until wilted.
- Serve the spinach and bulger wheat as a bed topped by the salmon and tomato sauce.